Tuesday 3 May 2016

Estonian birthday poem

Last month I was thrilled to fly back to Sydney and spend my birthday with my family. It's been 4 and a half years since I was last in Sydney so naturally there was a big family reunion! It was wonderful to see all my nieces and nephews again after so many years and to finally meet the three new additions to my family.  I absolutely love being called Aunty 'Tun-Tun'. It was a nickname given to me in 2005 when my nephew Dylan couldn't pronounce my name properly.  

During my party my sister Roma played a prank on me when the time came to present me with my gift. She said everyone in the family had contributed to buy an extremely rare custom-made gift from Estonia. Naturally I was the edge of my seat with anticipation! When I opened the box everyone had a good laugh as it was not that at all but a wooden necklace with my name on it. After my disappointment subsided my sister gave me my real gift - a beautiful ruby ring. I was thrilled! It's something I have wanted for a long time.  A gift that will last a lifetime.

It was wonderful seeing my family again but there was one person missing on my special day. I will see him next week when I visit Poland. Can't wait!